Your privacy is very important at Bolder Elements
Who We Are & What this Policy Covers
Bolder Elements is a web development company specializing in the creation and sale of website plugins along with custom development services. Our websites include bolderelements.net, bolderelements.com and any subdomain thereof. Below we will explain what information is collected, how it is used, and what control you have over that information.
What personal data do we collect?
Certain personal information about you may be collected in order to provide you with the best experience possible. This would include plugin purchases, support communications, suggestions to make our site or services better, and account verification. If you are a registered user and upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information You Provide
Information you provide in any forms on this website is collected in some manner. How this information is then used may vary.
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who setup a Bolder Elements support account to provide a username, email address, and an Envato Market purchase code. You may provide us with more information such as your name, but we don’t require that information to create your account. An email address is also requested when downloading a plugin from this website.
- Credentials: When requesting support for an issue with one of our plugins, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password). For example, existing plugin users may provide us with these credentials in order to help if there is a problem with their site, or to allow us to troubleshoot problems on their site more quickly.
- Newsletter: In order to receive emails about plugin updates and other website news you will need to provide your email address. A First and/or Last name may be provided but is not required.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, provide feedback on a knowledgebase article, or send an email through the contact form.
Information We Request Automatically
While most of your information is collected personally from you, we may also collect information from you through cookies and analytical software.
- Cookies: These are used to track your browsing history, manage your personal account, and share information from a specific page with your friends on other networks.
- Login Protection: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user. Failed login attempts are tracked (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human.
- Registered User Activity: To deliver this functionality and record activities around site management, the following information is captured: user email address, user role, user login, user display name, WordPress.com and local user IDs, the activity to be recorded, the WordPress.com-connected site ID of the site on which the activity takes place, the site’s Jetpack version, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address (login attempts, for example) and user agent. Login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Retention duration of activity data depends on the site’s plan and activity type. See the complete list of currently-recorded activities (along with retention information).
- Analytics: To help us gather information for business purposes and understanding, analytics from our website visitors may be collected by one or more of the following services:
- Google Analytics
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Who we share your data with
Information on this website is kept private within the Bolder Elements team, however we may disclose personal information to people like:
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Some information is also synced with the WordPress.com server as part of the JetPack services. Successful and failed login attempts, which will include the actor’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information, are synced.
Viewing statistics are also synced to the WordPress.com servers, however this information is not visible to the site owner or any other visitors. This information is only used to generate statistics such as viewing how many times a page has been viewed. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses — are retained by Automattic and used for the sole purpose of powering this feature. IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
How long we retain your data
If you open a support ticket, the ticket and all replies are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize prior conversations regarding your requested help and refer to them as necessary.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile indefinitely. All users can see, edit or delete their personal information at any time except they cannot change their username. Web site administrators can also see and edit that information. This includes account information imported from Envato Market upon registering your plugin license. Email addresses may also be used to notify you of updates to plugins you have downloaded from this website.
Personal information collected by JetPack for statistical purposes is stored for 28 days.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You can also request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You may also close the account you have with us for any of our sites at any time.
Your contact information
This policy was last modified on Wednesday, May 16th, 2018